Thanks to the Brisbane Airport Community Giving Fund, Speld QLD Inc. will be able to purchase stationery to assist us to continue our vital work to increase literacy in Queensland including:
- producing learning materials for workshops, professional development/training, tutoring and reading programs
- producing advertising brochures for Speld QLD and its programs
- posting library resources and learning materials to clients in rural, remote and regional Queensland
- recording academic and psychometric assessments
- general administration
Our sincere thanks to the Brisbane Airport Community Giving Fund for its generous support of Speld QLD and Queenslanders with learning differences.
Thanks to The Honda Foundation, Speld QLD Inc. has now purchased a C-Pen Reader Classroom Set of 10 scan pens.
In 2019, Speld celebrates 50 years of service to clients throughout Queensland who have a learning difference so this grant was a very timely addition to our services.
The class set of C-Pens will allow us to support so many more students access the curriculum and succeed as others do. Speld QLD can now run classes to teach people how to use the C-Pens and utilise them as a tool in learn to read workshops. This will greatly benefit Queenslanders with learning difficulties.
Recently we held a professional development session with the C-Pens and the following is just a snapshot of the feedback received.
• I can immediately see how this will help my child in the classroom.
• I knew I was in the right place when I cried in the first 20 minutes
• I can't wait to go back to school and help my boy, read/write/self-confidence
Our sincere thanks to The Honda Foundation for its generous support of Speld QLD and Queenslanders with learning differences.