9:00am, 1st May 2018 - 3:00pm, 1st May 2018
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba
$120.00 Members | $160.00 Non-Members
This workshop has now reached capacity. Please register for the next one which is scheduled for October 2018.
This workshop explores what Assistive Technology is and how it can bring independence, confidence and joy to learning.
Practical tips and strategies are provided relating to how best to use devices such as iPads, tablets, PCs and other technology to effectively support those with learning differences.
Some of the topics explored will include:
- What is Assistive Technology (AT)?
- What are the main types of AT?
- Assistive Technology Choices ~ Mac or Windows?
- Why use the Apple iPad?
- iPad essentials
- Useful settings and tips for all devices
- Finding free accessibility support
- Office 365 and GSuite
- Using assistive technology to assist with the writing process
- Digital Graphic Organisers
- AT Tools for planning writing tasks
- AT Tools which Aid Comprehension
- Writing support programs
- Apps to assist with presentation of work
- Optical Character Recognition
- Apps to assist with reading and interacting with texts
- Touch Typing
- Audiobooks and Ebooks
- Reading PAens
- Key Assistive Technology Links
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate on the day of event.