9:00am, 26th Feb 2019 - 2:00pm, 26th Feb 2019
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba, Qld 4102
$140.00 Members | $175.00 Non-Members
Registration closes at 11:55pm, 24th Feb 2019
This workshop explores what assistive technology is and how it can bring independence, confidence and joy to learning.
Practical tips and strategies are provided relating to how best to use iPads to effectively support those with learning differences.
- What is Assistive Technology (AT)?
- What are the main types of AT?
- Assistive Technology Choices
- Why use the Apple iPad?
- iPad essentials
- Useful settings tips
- Finding free accessibility support
- Office 365 and GSuite
- Using assistive technology to assist with the writing process
- Digital Graphic Organisers
- AT Tools for planning writing tasks
- AT Tools which Aid Comprehension
- Writing support programs
- Apps to assist with presentation of work
- Optical Character Recognition
- Apps to assist with reading and interacting with texts
- Touch Typing
- Audiobooks and Ebooks
- Reading Pens
- Key Assistive Technology Links
You are welcome to bring your iPad though it is not essential.
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate on the day of event.