9:00am, 10th Aug 2018 - 3:00pm, 10th Aug 2018
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba, Qld, 4102
$0.00 Members | $211.00 Non-Members | $0.00 Specialist Teacher
Full-day Teacher Workshop
With a focus on dyslexia, this one-day workshop will explore the key barriers to literacy and their implications for curriculum access. Practical and easy to implement solutions will be shared with attendees, allowing teachers to take and try the strategies in their own schools
Key topics include:
- Accessible reading, writing and internet usage.
- Blogging, skills-based activities and alternative formats for effective revision ideas.
- The emotional impact of dyslexia and the barriers this produces.
- Strengthening creative, visual and problem solving skills to support academic success.
- Supporting students to understand their workï¬‚ow preferences and learning to embrace these instead of hiding difï¬culties.
- Using speech to text for writing support.
- Video and the use of social media to connect with peers and share perspectives and expertise.
- Examples of effective websites, apps and low tech supports to exemplify effective process and improve outcomes for students.
About Carol Allen:
Carol Allen is a highly sought-after School Improvement Advisor for ICT and students with learning difï¬culties in the UK. She has taught since 1980 in both mainstream schools – primary and secondary, and schools for students with learning difï¬culties. Carol was recently recognised as one of 2018’s top ten educators using technology by the UK parliament.
As an English specialist, Carol is aware that communication lies at the heart of all effective teaching. As a result, the majority of her work has centred on the creative and engaging use of technology to support struggling students.
All work centres on easy to replicate practice which is fun, achievable and will improve educational outcomes. Carol has provided workshops and keynote presentations in Denmark, Geneva, ATIA Florida, Riyadh, BETT, Birmingham, Manchester, London and Australia.
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate on the day of event.