9:00am, 13th Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 13th Dec 2022 9:00am, 14th Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 14th Dec 2022 9:00am, 15th Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 15th Dec 2022 9:00am, 16th Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 16th Dec 2022
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba, Qld, 4102
$836.00 Members | $880.00 Non-Members | $800.00 Specialist Teacher
This course is FULL and registration is closed.
Sounds~Write is an evidence-based phonics program utilising an exciting and highly successful approach to the teaching of reading and spelling. This four day intensive course offers an instructional method that is structured, cumulative, sequential and explicit; all of which are strongly recommended for teaching children to read and spell. Progressing through Initial Code to Extended Code, the training includes clearly structured, easy to follow lesson plans, a complete program, manual and printable resources. Sounds-Write is developmentally appropriate for beginning readers in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2, and also offers fast and highly effective intervention for children at all year levels who have fallen behind with their reading and spelling from Year 3 onwards.
Presenter: Kylie Power
Kylie Power is an experienced primary school teacher with a passion for teaching reading. She has worked extensively with students at Speld QLD, engaging small groups and individual students in the Sounds-Write program. Kylie has also been an Education Advisor for the past four years at Speld QLD, sharing her knowledge of evidence-based programs and teaching practices with parents, teachers and allied professionals.
Please note, due to current restrictions, we are unable to provide full catering for this event. We will provide tea/coffee and biscuits, however if you would like a more substantial morning tea or have dietary requirements, please feel free to bring your own snacks. Additionally, lunch is not provided, however you may bring your own, or alternatively, there is a Cafe located within walking distance. You will be provided with ample time to visit the Cafe during the lunch break if you wish to do so.
How to register:
1. Online: Click the green 'Register Now' button below to book and pay online. (Instant confirmation)
2. Purchase order: Schools can download the 'Workshop Registration Form' to pay on invoice or via credit card.
1. Specialist Teacher price refers to Speld Specialist Teacher Members only.
2. Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
3. Our Cancellation and Transfer Policy applies for this course, for details click here.
4. This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate in the week following the course after confirmation of full attendance and payment.