9:00am, 29th Nov 2022 - 3:30pm, 29th Nov 2022 9:00am, 30th Nov 2022 - 3:30pm, 30th Nov 2022 9:00am, 1st Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 1st Dec 2022 9:00am, 2nd Dec 2022 - 3:30pm, 2nd Dec 2022
Woree State School (Windarra St and Rigg St, Woree Cairns QLD 4868)
$836.00 Members | $880.00 Non-Members | $800.00 Specialist Teacher
Getting an error when booking?
Please scroll down the page and use the "Register Now" button under the Important Notes Section
Sounds Write Course information
Sounds~Write is an evidence-based phonics program utilising an exciting and highly successful approach to the teaching of reading and spelling. This four day intensive course offers an instructional method that is structured, cumulative, sequential and explicit; all of which are strongly recommended for teaching children to read and spell. Progressing through Initial Code to Extended Code, the training includes clearly structured, easy to follow lesson plans, a complete program, manual and printable resources. Sounds-Write is developmentally appropriate for beginning readers in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2, and also offers fast and highly effective intervention for children at all year levels who have fallen behind with their reading and spelling from Year 3 onwards.
Presenter: Kylie Power
Kylie Power is an experienced primary school teacher with a passion for teaching reading. She has worked extensively with students at Speld QLD, engaging small groups and individual students in the Sounds-Write program. Kylie has also been an Education Advisor for the past four years at Speld QLD, sharing her knowledge of evidence-based programs and teaching practices with parents, teachers and allied professionals.
Please note, due to this course being hosted by a local school, we are unable to provide full catering for this event. Please bring your own morning tea and lunch.
How to register:
1. Online: Click the green 'Register Now' button below to book and pay online. (Instant confirmation)
2. Purchase order: Schools can send in their own purchase order or download the 'Workshop Registration Form' to pay on invoice or via credit card.
1. Specialist Teacher price refers to Speld Specialist Teacher Members only.
2. Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
3. Our Cancellation and Transfer Policy applies for this course, for details click here.
4. This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate in the week following the course after confirmation of full attendance and payment.