5:30pm, 16th Aug 2018 - 6:15pm, 16th Aug 2018
Ainsley Robertson and Kylie Griffin
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba, Qld, 4102
Is your child experiencing difficulties with learning to read and spell? Speld QLD can provide assistance.
At Speld QLD we are continually striving to provide quality assistance to individuals and families facing challenges acquiring literacy skills. We are therefore pleased to be able to offer a new literacy program for students 9 – 15 years.
Commencing Term 4, 2018 we will be offering a ground breaking program called, Sounds-Write. Sounds-Write is an evidence-based linguistic program widely used throughout the U.K. and Western Australia providing successful outcomes for students learning to read and spell. Now Queenslanders, via Speld will have the opportunity to access the Sounds Write program at an affordable price.
- Effective intervention for students at all levels who have fallen behind in their reading and spelling.
- Is a real phonics program that teaches in simple steps how the sounds of the language are represented by the writing system.
- Teaches the three essential skills necessary for reading and spelling: segmenting, blending and phoneme(sound) manipulation.
Starting Term 4 2018 Speld QLD will be offering 1 hour group sessions (max 3 per group) during school term with a trained tutor.
Cost: $500 for a 10 week term and includes:
- Free pre-assessment prior to commencement
- 1 hour weekly, small group session
- Follow-up activities for home
- End of term reviews