9:00am, 19th Feb 2020 - 3:30pm, 19th Feb 2020
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba, Qld, 4102
$240.00 Members | $300.00 Non-Members
You can’t write it if you can’t say it and you can’t say it if you haven’t heard it a lot! – Pie Corbett
Strong writing skills are fed by good reading habits. This one day Talk for Reading workshop looks at teaching reading comprehension in a clear and logical sequence following Pie Corbett’s Talk for Reading process. This process is based on whole class modelling and shared reading, as well as effective guided and independent reading practices, in order to examine and explore high-quality written texts.
This approach has been developed and piloted in schools in the UK and Australia and the workshop will demonstrate key activities and teaching methods that can be immediately adopted in classrooms. The day will also target developing children’s appreciation towards quality texts and the ability to become effective and skilful readers who can read and comprehend a range of texts with increasing independence.
Prior attendance at a two day Talk for Writing workshop is a pre-requisite for this workshop.
Emily Jackson is a Speech Pathologist and T4W trainer. Emily has been involved in T4W for a number of years. She is an experienced trainer and works with schools on an ongoing basis to implement and embed T4W into their everyday teaching practice. Emily is also experienced in using T4W in the classroom across the primary school years, and in delivering the approach in a remedial setting.
How to Register
1. Online: for instant confirmation, click the green Register Now button below to register and pay online. (Individuals and Schools)
2. Invoice; Download the Workshop Registration Form to pay via credit card (preferred) or EFT. (Schools only)
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate on the day of event.
- Certificates will not be issued to participants if a School/organisation has not finalised payment by the day of the Workshop. Once payment has been finalised, the certificate will be emailed to the participant.