12:00pm, 19th Aug 2020 - 3:00pm, 19th Aug 2020 12:00pm, 21st Aug 2020 - 3:00pm, 21st Aug 2020 12:00pm, 26th Aug 2020 - 3:00pm, 26th Aug 2020 12:00pm, 28th Aug 2020 - 3:00pm, 28th Aug 2020
$405.00 Members | $450.00 Non-Members
Please note: this is a live session, and not a recorded webinar. Participants must be able to log on for the complete session at the advertised time/s in order to access the online workshop.
This online workshop (4 x 3 hour sessions) offers teachers an overview of the Talk for Writing approach and provides opportunities for hands-on participation in the steps of this exceptionally effective instructional approach. The workshop addresses the use of Talk for Writing for both fiction and non-fiction and covers:
- Planning, both for a unit of work, based on instructional needs of students, and at a whole-school level;
- The “Three I’s” – Imitation, Innovation and Independent Application – which are the basis of the Talk for Writing approach and which allow students to move from dependence to independence in their writing in a systematic, scaffolded way;
- Providing effective feedback to students in order to promote skill development;
- Accurate assessment of writing, in order to track student progress and guide teaching goals; and
- Development of grammatical skills, with a focus on functional application of grammar in writing, through ‘warm-up’ games selected to meet specific instructional needs of students.
This workshop is suitable for primary school teachers.
Please note: these will be live sessions, and not a recorded webinar. Participants must be able to log on for the complete session at the advertised time/s in order to access the online workshop.
Please check your email address is entered correctly as login details will be sent to your email in the half hour before the workshop commences. The sessions will be run via a web based platform. For best results, please use a laptop or desktop computer, rather than an iPad. We recommend using a Chrome browser, not Internet Explorer.
Please read carefully the workshop Terms and Conditions. Please download, complete and sign this form and email to email@example.com prior to the workshop commencement. A signed copy must be received by our office before you can log on for your first session.
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate following completion of this course.
- Certificates will not be issued to participants if a School / Organisation has not finalised payment by the day of the Workshop. Once payment has been finalised, the certificate will be emailed to the participant.