6:00pm, 12th Nov 2020 - 8:30pm, 12th Nov 2020
Dr Lillian Fawcett
$52.00 Members | $65.00 Non-Members
Registration closes at 2:00pm, 10th Nov 2020
This information filled workshop will cover both narrative and persuasive writing. It will be of particular interest to parents and teachers working with children who find writing difficult, including those with diagnosed dysgraphia.
You will be actively involved in this workshop, so come prepared to write.
- Identify acceptable writing standards for different year levels.
- Learn the pre-requisites skills underpinning writing.
- Understand the importance of oral language development and learn some activities that will help develop oral language.
- Apply a unique step-by-step strategy for improving students ability to write narrative text and persuasive texts.
- Discover a ten minute a day plan for developing students’ stamina for writing.
- Learn activities for helping students rapidly generate ideas
- Find out about strategies for helping students edit their writing.
Please note this workshop will be delivered online through the platform, Zoom. You will receive the handouts, together with the Zoom workshop link via email on the evening of Tuesday, 10 November 2020. If you have not received an email by Wednesday, please check your junk mail. This link is to be used solely by the registrant only and is not transferable.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have Zoom downloaded and updated prior to the workshop start time.
Dr Lillian Fawcett is a specialist literacy teacher with over 25 years of experience and university qualifications in education and psychology. She has developed a range of spelling and reading programs based on well-research literacy acquisition and memory retention principles which has enabled her to successfully help hundreds of students improve their literacy skills. Numerous teachers and schools throughout Australia are currently using Lillian’s evidence-based Cracking the ABC Code programs.
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- This workshop contributes to the 10 Queensland College of Teachers continuing Professional Development Requirements. You will receive a certificate on the day of event.
- Certificates will not be issued to participants if a School / Organisation has not finalised payment by the day of the Workshop. Once payment has been finalised, the certificate will be emailed to the participant.