Sounds-Write is an evidence-based linguistic program widely used throughout the U.K. and Western Australia providing successful outcomes for students learning to read and spell. Many enthusiastic and creative students have already taken part in this program at Speld QLD. They have worked diligently with their coaches to improve their literacy skills, enjoying engagement with other students and sharing their experiences of living with a learning difference.
- Effective intervention for students at all levels who have fallen behind in their reading and spelling.
- Is a real phonics program that teaches in simple steps how the sounds of the language are represented by the writing system.
- Teaches the three essential skills necessary for reading and spelling: segmenting, blending and phoneme(sound) manipulation.
Individual sessions cost $80 per hour with a minimum 9 week enrolment, plus the cost of a Speld QLD Membership for those families who are not already members. Payment is required at the commencement of each term. This cost includes:
- Pre-assessment prior to commencement (Membership is required to access this pre-assessment)
- 1 hour weekly individual lessons
- Follow-up activities for home
Speld Qld is currently taking expressions of interest. Various times available Monday to Friday. Please contact the office to check availability.
If you would like to make an enquiry and register for the program, please complete and return the Sounds-Write Enrolment Enquiry Form below.
“Reading is the gateway skill that makes all other learning possible.” Barack Obama