3:30pm, 6th Feb 2018 - 4:30pm, 6th Feb 2018 3:30pm, 13th Feb 2018 - 4:30pm, 13th Feb 2018 3:30pm, 20th Feb 2018 - 4:30pm, 20th Feb 2018 3:30pm, 27th Feb 2018 - 4:30pm, 27th Feb 2018 3:30pm, 6th Mar 2018 - 4:30pm, 6th Mar 2018 3:30pm, 13th Mar 2018 - 4:30pm, 13th Mar 2018
Emily Thompson, Assistive Technology Advisor
Speld Qld, 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba
$182.00 Members | $260.00 Non-Members
Registration closes at 9:00am, 6th Feb 2018
A 6 week course designed to teach students with Learning Difficulties (aged between 8 and 12 years of age) how to make the best use of an iPad will be offered in term 1 of 2018. There will be a maximum of 5 children per class to ensure that students get the most benefit from their experience. The course will begin in week 3 on Tuesday the 6th of February and run each Tuesday for six weeks from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
Many schools are adopting a BYOD approach (Bring Your Own Device) and students need to be able to use the technology properly.
The goal for the course is for students to be able to use their iPads confidently and independently.
By the end of the 6 week course students will be able to:
- Activate text-to-speech in different apps and on the web, allowing them to access material that may be too hard for them to read by themselves
- Record their ideas/plan their writing with Audionote
- Use iWordQ to complete writing tasks
- Write information and narrative projects in Creative Book Builder
- Use iPad to complete in-class worksheets with Prizmo and Claro PDF
- Be confident in using these Apps to complete writing tasks at home and school
Homework tasks may be set so that students can practice skills learnt during the week. These tasks will not exceed 20-30 minutes per week and it is important that they complete or try to complete homework if it has been set.
Speld Qld reserves the right to cancel the class if a minimum of 3 students per class is not reached.
No refund will be given for missed sessions.
The following apps will need to be downloaded onto each student’s iPad:
- iWordQ $32.99
- Audionote $14.99
- Creative Book Builder $5.99
- Claro PDF $14.99
- Prizmo $14.99
The following equipment is required:
- Student’s own iPad
- Headset with microphone
Cost: $260.00 for the course. Members receive a 30% discount ($182.00).
Students must purchase and download the apps listed.