Assessment Fees, Rebates and Cancellations
Current Assessment Fees (including membership) are:
- Psychoeducational Assessment $1,477.00
- Attention Screener $1, 037.00
- Academic Assessment $1,012.00
- Speech and Language Assessment $577.00
- Review of Provisional Diagnosis $297.00
- Conners-4 Assessment $220.00 *
- Adaptive Behaviour Assessment $220.00 *
* These assessments are in addition to a Psychoeducational Assessment and cannot be booked separately. Your Psychologist will seek parent permission before administering these assessments if they are required.
Speld Qld Financial Assistance
The Speld Qld Financial Assistance (SQFA) program is provided to people who are experiencing financial hardship and/or have multiple family members booked for assessment. Please complete the Student Assessment Information Form and answer the SQFA questions to be considered.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment
- hold a concession card
- have multiple family members seeking assessment
Reports cannot be released until fees have been fully paid.
Assessment reports typically take 4-6 weeks to be completed from the date of assessment. Please allow 6 weeks from your appointment day before contacting our office to check on the status of your report.
We charge a deposit at the time of booking.
- $477.00 deposit: Psychoeducational, Attention Screener or Academic Assessment.
- $327.00 deposit: Speech and Language Assessment
Deposits not received within 7 days of being billed, may result in your booking being cancelled.
Balance of Fees
The balance of your account is due on the day of your appointment.
Payment can be made in person at our Woolloongabba office, or online for our regional offices. (EFT, Visa or Mastercard accepted)
A payment plan can be set up after your deposit has been received and processed.
Cancellations and rescheduled appointments
When we book your appointment, we reserve a time for a Psychologist or Speech Pathologist.
Please call our office as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, to limit any cancellation or rescheduling fees.
Requests to cancel or reschedule an appointment less than 5 business days before the scheduled date may result in the deposit being retained.
Private Health Rebates: There are no rebates for Psychoeducational or Academic Assessments. A private health rebate may be available for a Speech Language Assessment, however, please check with your private health provider to see if you qualify.
Medicare Rebates: There are no Medicare rebates for Psychoeducational or Academic Assessments. Our Team do not hold Medicare Provider Numbers.
From the APS: Cognitive and educational assessments are not covered by a Mental Health Treatment Plan and Medicare rebates under Better Access to Mental Health Care do not apply.
To enquire or apply