Speld is a not for profit organisation whose mantra is to support people experiencing a learning difference. Working in partnership with Education Queensland, we are located beside the Reading and Autism Hub and provide services to State, Catholic and Independent schools, across the State and to clients ranging in age from 4 to 74.
Responding to over 17 500 calls and emails per year our Educational Advisors ensure our service is able to be responsive to all individuals.
Our service provides:
- An advisory line for parents and professionals
- Academic and psychometric assessments
- Specialist Teacher (tutor) service
- Advising on Assistive Technology
- Library Service for Members
- Professional Development for Parents, Teachers and Schools
- Ongoing consultation and support
All programs used and promoted by Speld are evidenced and researched based.