Speld is a not for profit organisation whose mission is to support people experiencing learning differences in all circumstances. Working in partnership with Education Queensland, we are located beside the Autism Hub and Reading Centre and provide services to State, Catholic and Independent schools, across the State and to clients of all ages.
Responding to over 17 000 calls and emails per year our Educational Advisors ensure our service is able to be responsive to all individuals.
Our service provides:
- An advisory line for parents and professionals
- Academic and psychometric assessments
- Specialist Teacher (tutor) service
- Advising on Assistive Technology
- Library Service for Members
- Professional Development for Parents, Teachers and Schools
- Ongoing consultation and support
All programs used and promoted by Speld are evidenced and researched based.
Documentary: I can so read and write
I can so read and write is a 40 minute documentary produced by Tony Gray and TVQ Channel 0 in Brisbane in 1975 on behalf of Speld Qld. All costs associated in producing the documentary were met by Channel 0 under the administration of the General Manager, Mr Ron Archer. The script was written by renowned television writer, Maureen Moran.