6:30pm, 5th Sep 2022 - 8:30pm, 5th Sep 2022
$75.00 Members | $90.00 Non-Members | $65.00 Specialist Teacher
Registration closes at 7:00am, 5th Sep 2022
This webinar will begin by looking at the definitions of dyslexia. Indicators of dyslexia will be detailed together with a brief review of current screening tools to identify dyslexia.
The talk will then focus on how to support learners with dyslexia , across all age ranges, offering practical strategies that teachers can use straight away with their learners.
Strategies to support reading, spelling, writing, organisation and memory will be covered as well as ways to help build confidence and self-esteem.
Judy Hornigold is an educational consultant specialising in Maths and learners with dyscalculia and dyslexia. Her teaching career started in primary schools before she moved into teaching children with special needs. Judy delivers key notes, workshops and training in Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Maths Mastery across the world, including New Zealand, Australia and Dubai.
Judy has been involved in curriculum development for the past 10 years including:
- Series editor- Maths-No Problem! Textbook series
- Author and Trainer for Maths-No Problem! Training and teaching in International settings
- Senior Lecturer in Inclusion at Edgehill University
- Trainer and author for the British Dyslexia Association
- Co-founder of the Dyscalculia Association
- Help! My Child Has Dyslexia (LDA), 2011.
- Dyscalculia Lesson Plans Books 1 and 2 (TTS) 2014
- Dyscalculia Pocketbooks (Teachers’ Pocketbooks) 2015
- Making Maths Visual and Tactile (SEN Books) 2016
- Understanding Maths Difficulties (OUP) 2017
- Can I tell you about Dyscalculia? (JKP) 2020
- Awesome Activities for Kids with Numeracy Difficulties: Publication 2021
- Strategies for those who learn differently: GCSE Maths Publication 2021
Schools can Register their Teachers using the Workshop Registration Form below. Payment can be via credit card (preferred) or Invoice.
Please note this workshop will be delivered online through the platform, Zoom. You will receive any handouts, together with the Zoom workshop link via email on the morning of Monday, 5 September 2022. If you have not received an email by 12:00pm Monday, please check your junk mail.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have Zoom downloaded and updated prior to the workshop start time.
- Payment is required prior to the date of the Professional Development Workshop in order to secure attendance and is not refundable.
- For information on our Cancellation and Transfer Policy, please click here.
- You will receive a certificate in the week after the event.
- Certificates will not be issued to participants if a School / Organisation has not finalised payment by the day of the Workshop. Once payment has been finalised, the certificate will be emailed to the participant.