UFLI Foundations Implementation Workshop (T3;17-July-2023)
9:00am, 17th Jul 2023 - 3:30pm, 17th Jul 2023
Dr. Holly Lane and Dr. Valentina Contesse of the University of Florida Literacy Institute
O’Shea Centre, 19 Lovedale St, Wilston
$261.25 Members | $275.00 Non-Members | $220.00 Specialist Teacher
Registration closes at 12:00pm, 10th Jul 2023
Join Dr. Holly Lane and Dr. Valentina Contesse of the University of Florida Literacy Institute for a day of professional learning focused on the implementation of UFLI Foundations.
This exceptionally popular explicit and systematic phonics program introduces students to the foundational reading skills necessary for proficient reading.
UFLI Foundations is an explicit and systematic phonics program that introduces students to the foundational reading skills necessary for proficient reading. It follows a carefully developed scope and sequence designed to ensure that students systematically acquire each skill needed and learn to apply each skill with automaticity and confidence.
This full-day workshop will include:
- A review of essential background knowledge about the science of reading
- An overview of the UFLI Foundations program
- An in-depth exploration of each lesson step
- Recommendations for progress monitoring and differentiation
Workshop attendees can purchase the UFLI Foundations manual at the discounted price of $99.00 (usually $121.00) on the day.
Dr. Holly Lane is the Irving and Rose Fien Professor of Education at the University of Florida and Director of the University of Florida Literacy Institute (UFLI). Her research focuses on the prevention of reading difficulties through effective early literacy instruction, the remediation of literacy skills for students with dyslexia, and methods for helping preservice and practicing teachers develop the knowledge and skills they need to be effective reading teachers and interventionists. Dr. Lane has directed many grants to support reading research and the development of teachers and researchers. She is also the author of numerous publications related to literacy, including UFLI Foundations: An Explicit and Systematic Phonics Program.
Dr. Valentina Contesse is a clinical assistant professor of special education in the School of Special Education, School Psychology, and Early Childhood Studies at the University of Florida (UF). Dr. Contesse works for the University of Florida Literacy Institute (UFLI) and is the co-author of UFLI Foundations: An Explicit and Systematic Phonics Program. Her research focuses on early literacy instruction and intervention, teacher preparation and training in reading, and the effects of performance feedback on the implementation of evidence-based instructional practices. Dr. Contesse teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in various UF teacher preparation programs and coordinates professional development for practicing teachers focused on evidence-based reading.
1 day training course
Refreshments and light lunch provided
How to register:
1. Online: Click the green 'Register Now' button below to book and pay online. (Instant confirmation)
- Online registration is required so participant details are captured for the enrollment and course reminder database.
- You may be prompted to create a Guest Profile if you do not already have one.
- A payment receipt will be emailed straight away, but please allow 2 business days for your Tax Invoice to be emailed.
1. Specialist Teacher price refers to Speld Qld Specialist Teacher Members only. Must be logged in with credentials to receive discount.
2. Payment is required at the time of booking in order to secure attendance and is not refundable. (Except where course has been cancelled by Speld Qld Inc)
3. Tickets are transferrable if you are unable to attend. Please notify our office in writing and allow 1 business day for your request to be processed.
Register Now 13 places left